AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Assisted Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

Quick question about click assisted and impression assisted conversions in AdWords. 

You know how you can add these as additional columns under the campaign view..well do the figures shown in these columns overlap with the standard conversions column?

For example, Campaign A is reporting 3 conversions, 1 click assisted conversion and 1 impression assisted conversion.

Could you say that in total Campaign A achieved 5 conversions, or would the two assisted conversions be included in standard conversions column which has a total of three? 

Hope this makes sense! Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Sarah. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sarah T
January 2016

Re: Assisted Conversions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Sarah,

According to my understanding you can't define this scenario as 5 conversions. By conversions what we mean here is last click contributed bookings. While 3 bookings are clearly last click other two assisted clicks can be included in booking path of previous 3 bookings.

This article will able to understand little bit about assisted bookings

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/understanding-assist-clicks-assisted-conversions-part-1/117361/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nisal,

Thanks for your reply.

I think that's what I was trying to understand...whether the 2 assisted conversions would be assumed as part of the conversion path of the 3 last click conversions. So not a total of 5, but a total of 3. It's just that 2 of those 3 conversions were assisted.

Thanks for your help!
Sarah.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Sarah T

I think the best way to look it at is that Campaign A achieved three conversions. This means ads from Campaign A produced the last clicks that led to these three conversions. The click assist and impression assist should be viewed as someone that converted from another method was exposed to Campaign A before they converted via that method.  Impression means they saw the ad, click means they actually clicked on it.These assists could be attributed to other Adwords campaigns, or even completely different mediums like organic search, social, etc.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Sarah T 

Oops, I see @Nisal L beat me to it. I could be wrong, but I don't think you can attribute the two assists to the three direct conversions in the same campaign. I think that de-duplication is now enabled by default. 

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi David,

yes you are correct, you can't attribute two assisted conversions as last click and report it as 5 bookings. Its 3 bookings and assisted 2 can be in any of the booking funnel

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Nisal L

Yes, I understand that much. What I mean is that the two assists should not be necessarily attributed as assisting the three direct conversions in the same campaign. It's possible they assisted another campaign or an organic search, etc. For view-through conversions de-duplication was disabled by default.  Now it's enabled by default and there is no option to change it. Does that not hold true here? After reading the article you shared I'm a little bit confused on the matter. 

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
correct. Even i believe this two assisted conversions may or may not be included in 3 last click conversions reported in this campaign. It can be assisted to any other booking. But I don't think it can be assisted to last click organic conversions. Again this is something to get confirmed from Google Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your help David!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks again Nisal! Smiley Happy