AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Are app extension clicks reports accurate? They seem too high.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All maybe someone can help.

I am running a campaign for desktop, mobile, and tablets, in which I have app extension ads. 

The ad extensions report shows a very high number of clicks for the app extension, and I am wondering how it is calculated, and if it's accurate. 

To be more graphic, the toal number of clicks to mobile and tablet devices is 14,123 and the number of clicks to the app extension is 10,894, 77% of the mobile clicks, while it would be great news if this is true I am finding it hard to come to terms with these numbers.  

Has anyone had a similar experience? what do you think? Thanks so much. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Moises S
September 2015

Re: Are app extension clicks reports accurate? They seem too high.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moises,

Great question. I think I might know the issue you're having.

If you are looking at clicks on app extensions from within the ad extensions tab, it will report the total number of clicks on ads that ran with the app extension. This doesn't mean they clicked on the app extension, only that the ad clicked was displayed with the app extension. What you'll want to do is segment this report by click type and it will break down where the person actually clicked on the ad; ie the headline, app extension, or any other extension that ran with that ad.

Let me know if you segmenting by click type makes more sense with the numbers. Unfortunately I don't think you can segment by device and click type at the same time.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Moises S
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moises,

Great question. I think I might know the issue you're having.

If you are looking at clicks on app extensions from within the ad extensions tab, it will report the total number of clicks on ads that ran with the app extension. This doesn't mean they clicked on the app extension, only that the ad clicked was displayed with the app extension. What you'll want to do is segment this report by click type and it will break down where the person actually clicked on the ad; ie the headline, app extension, or any other extension that ran with that ad.

Let me know if you segmenting by click type makes more sense with the numbers. Unfortunately I don't think you can segment by device and click type at the same time.

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Bethany, You Rock. This Works, looking forward to seeing you around more within this adwords community forum. Thank You !

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Great! Glad to help.