AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Are View Through Conversions different than an actual Conv(1per click)

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Ok so I am a little confused on the whole view through conversion thing.  I know WHAT it is but I dont know how to report on it.

Basically, my supervisor said that a view through conversion (according to the last PPC Manager) counted as a regular conversion.

But I thought they are separate conversions all together & I dont know where the de-duplication settings are so any insight into this will be helpful.

PPCSophie
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Are View Through Conversions different than an actual Conv(1per cl

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sophie, View-Through-Conversions can be counted in their own right, or ignored (where only the "final" conversion is recorded), it depends upon the settings in the Conversion itself.

Go to your Account -> Tools & Analysis -> Conversions, then click to edit a conversion you want to check/change.  Click the "Advanced" tab and under here you'll see the setting for de-duplication.  If it's disabled then each view-through counts as it's own conversion and the final conversion (so effectively you'll get two conversions), if it's enabled only the final conversion is counted (so you get just one total conversion).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Jon,

Thank you very much for your reply especially on the de-duplication setting location  but I am still a little confused.

If I have 10 Convs-1-per-click and 5 View-through-conversions with de-duplication disabled do I have 10 conversions or 15?

I want to get to an absolute number of conversions rather then say checking the leads on the back end & I want to tell from Adwords interface itself.

Thanks is advance youve been so helpful.

PPCSophie
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PPCSophie
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Sophie, you have 10, 5 of which were View-through.  You've got de-dupe switched off so the View throughs were counted as both a "final" conversion and as a View-through.

Don't worry, Conversion tracking is a whole lot more complicated than it used to be.  I've spent many a happy hour staring at screens trying to work out what the figures mean.  

J

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Ahh geez, well this just changed everything!   Robot Frustrated    Robot Frustrated

I will be enabling de-duplication then.  Thanks alot!

PPCSophie