AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Are Google just liars?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Because on the AdWords campaign they say there were 1600 or so clicks, yet on my AdSense stats it says there were only 4 visitors for the same period. My website stats says 88 visitors. You know which one I'm likely to believe? So really, Google, unless you can come up with some solid evidence why, I won't be paying this bill.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Are Google just liars?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Craig, welcome to the Community.

Over what period are these stats?  Click data is far from real time and I don't use any data that's less than 24 hours old.  Beyond that...

The most important thing to remember here is that clicks are not visits; they're not the same thing.  Someone can click an Ad without that action completing with a recorded visit to a page; depending on what stats package you're using this problem can be larger or smaller.  Admittedly the ratios you're describing are rather extreme which is why I think there's also a time delay element involved here.

It's kind of a stretch of the imagination to believe that Google has, for over 12 years, been able to deceive every single AdWords user on the planet in such an obvious way.  Does it seem likely that you're the first person to realise that they report clicks that don't happen?  Honestly?  To achieve this Google's programming teams would have to be aware of the deception as the program would have to be written to simulate click activity.  Your Ads would have to be shown most of the time otherwise you'd become suspicious and you'd have to have some Account holders who did receive all their clicks because they can see the results in their online sales, so it'd be a very complex deception.  Once it was achieved though, you'd have to ensure that everyone who ever worked on the code - and Google employs a very large number of programmers - would remain silent, for ever, even after they'd left the company.  Google would probably have to let a key number of other employees know as well - support staff in Communities like this for example - so they'd know how to handle questions like this.

It'd make the moon landings look like a piece of cake.

Is it not perhaps slightly more likely that there's a valid reason for the discrepancy and that, in time, you'll discover what it is?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Craig H
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not really interested in the it couldn't happen because it would take a giant conspiracy 'theory' you have there. It seems to me that is just a method of distraction from the very simple facts. My site records 88 visits. That's not clicks or impressions or hits. That's visits. Google Adwords says one thing, Google Adsense says something else. Still waiting for an explanation from Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
iam with you google are LIARS we have send over 100 emails to google adwords team but they only reply with generic responces we are 100% CONFIDENT that google are fully aware of deliberate click fraud & refuse to change there deliberate broken system for the reasons we are aware of! we have challenged there CEO Larry page to reply to our concerns BUT NO replys thats some one hiding from the truth!!