AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Are Adwords invalid clicks filtered from Analytics?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Overall, I want to say I am pretty satisfied with how Adwords handles malicious/invalid activity.  I still use a third-party monitoring tool because some of my clients are paying $100+ a click.  I recently came across some activity that Adwords didn't catch.  I waited for a week to see if there would be a click quality adjustment.   After not seeing one, I submitted a report on the suspicious activity that I found.   I just received an email that my report was concurred with, and my client was refunded on those clicks.

However, I am still concerned over the extreme spike in invalid clicks Adwords is reporting in this one campaign.  So far this month it has 48 clicks and 203 invalid clicks.  This highly abnormal when comparing to historical data. We haven't had that many from Jan 1st to Aug 31st of this year! So to have that kind of invalid volume in the course of two weeks is alarming to me.  Especially considering the avg CPC, and that it's a city level campaign.

I want to be proactive and see if I can't nail down where this is coming from, and figure out a way to stop serving ads completely to this person or persons.  I suspect it would be filtered from the Adwords part of analytics, but not the Paid Search section of Acquisition.  I can find no evidence of these 203 invalid clicks in the Acquisition section. I've also checked the Behavior section for the landing page which has special modifiers unique to my Final URL field. I can find no evidence of these clicks there either. Even though the click has been deemed "invalid" I would think there should be some trace of it in Analytics.  Unless of course it's filtered.   Does anyone know if this is true, or perhaps have another explanation why I can't identify these 203 clicks in Analytics?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David Kyle
September 2016

Re: Are Adwords invalid clicks filtered from Analytics?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
David;
To my knowledge once invalid clicks are filtered / removed from AWordsd they are also removed from Analytics, and no trace is left. (Except for the billing section of AdWords)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I was looking at this in our account and if it's true (that invalidated clicks from AdWords are deleted also from Analytics, e. g. from the "User Explorer" statistics in Audience) than the amount of invalidated clicks is far less high as it should be.

Anyone who knows this for sure? Any answer from side of Google?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’