AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

App Install Coversions in Adwords to Universal Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm running some adwords campaigns for app install. I'm tracking the conversions (app installs) in adwords, but I don't see these conversions back in analytics. I've linked these accounts and I can see the clicks and costs of my adwords campaigns, but I'm missing the conversion data.

Anyone some suggestions? I want to see the adwords app install conversions in Universal Analytics. Thanks!

Re: App Install Coversions in Adwords to Universal Analytics

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Esmeralda, how are things?

Have you set your GOAL on GA? In order for GA to track conversions, you need to define a GOAL if you haven't. Linking the accounts will pass information from Adwords to GA, but GA must be told what should be counted as a conversion.

This article may help you with:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1032415?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Leandro,

Thanks for your response. I haven't defined a goal in analytics, because I don't know how to define an app install in the app store? For example, you don't get a thank you page after you've downloaded the app from the store? How should I define the install? Can you help me again?

thanks in advance, cheers,
Esmeralda

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Esmeralda, sure thing.

Take a look at this article, I think it covers most of possible scenarios for tracking app installs:
https://support.google.com/partners/answer/6209179?hl=en

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click