AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Anyone manage Real Estate ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you notice a decline in February? Would love to get your thoughts and findings.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Anyone manage Real Estate ads?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

There are a ton of things that can affect traffic volume and conversions in any local market. Certainly, real estate is as vulnerable to those factors as any other local market--and more vulnerable than some!  If it were me, I'd check local conditions--weather, major sports events, political events, etc., to figure out what might have siphoned off people's attention during the month.

Just a thought.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi zackrh,

In addition to great thoughts above, I would also like to add that there are lots and lots of outside factors which plays equally an important role in the online business. If I talk specifically about real estate, factors like Climatic conditions, impact of economy, law changes (in terms of taxes and all) etc...would really matter a lot. 

In addition to this, look at the historical changes you made in Adwords account and how much actually was the decline compared to previous data. Any new introduced terms and some impact due to irrelevant traffic. Look at the search terms report of Feb. and compare it to past and identify what online users searched for, whether it was related to your business or not.

Look at your local competitors and see if they are giving away some special offers or something which you are missing.

I hope these small little things will help you identify the decline in traffic.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I used Google Insights for search to see if there is a trend for realestate related keywords in Feb and it seems there is a historical reduction from January to Feb each year.  It is not significant but it is there.  If you are concentrating specifically in one area of the USA then you may feel the effects more or less depending on your location.

http://www.google.com/insights/search/#q=homes%20for%20sale%2Creal%20estate%20for%20sale%2Creal%20es...

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Anyone manage Real Estate ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Most of all my clients see surge in real estate to include new homes  Feb-June and then surge again Oct and Nov.  Declines in buyers is Dec and Jan.  That is based on South Carolina and weather here is not like others.