AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Any ideas on how to implement attribution model in adwords for non brand keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I am curious as to how can we give credit to the keyword which actually brings us conversions i.e. first click. By default adwords gives credit to the last click. I am trying this is to justify ones spend in non brand keywords.

PS: I am trying no_override=1 but still looking for a more concrete solution.

Re: Any ideas on how to implement attribution model in adwords for non brand keywords?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

hmmm... have you tried tweaking the top conversion paths report in the multi-channel funnel sub menu of the conversion menu in google analytics?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Any ideas on how to implement attribution model in adwords for non brand keywords?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Any time you want to consolidate Adwords and Analytics data, it's not as simple as it sounds, trust me. For example, you may have a keyword in different match types which Analytics doesn't specify. You also don't know which ad resulted in the conversion, which was triggered first. I'm sure you'd like to know that as well.

Given resources, it may be doable but I doubt you'd get accurate. The question is therefore, would it be worth it? Do you have that many people converting after doing multiple searches and multiple clicks? In my experience, people will use the same, or nearly the same search. The keyword triggering your ad would likely be the same. If they remember your ad, they may not find it since a different ad may trigger as you should test two ads. They may not click your other ad. It's a complicated problem.

Re: Any ideas on how to implement attribution model in adwords for non

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

not a big fan of brand bidding either... and this is an understatement... Smiley Wink

In Adwords there is an interesting search funnel report that my account manager @ google just pointed me to last week...

Login in to your adwords account, click on the "tools and analysis" tab, select conversion from the drop down menu and bottom left of your screen, you should see a blue "search funnel" link.

In here you migth find what you need to justify spend in non-branded keywords (top path / assisted conversion, etc.) and don't forget to twek the filters in the grey menu bar above the graph Smiley Wink

Hope this helps!