AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Any freelancers willing to help with AdWords/Google Analytics conversion tracking?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

I need to have a screenshare/teamviewer session with an expert in Analytics/Adwords as there are a couple of things I need clarification with.

Please let me know if you're interested and how much it would cost me for a 30 min conversation.

Many thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
May

Any freelancers willing to help with AdWords/Google Analytics conversion tracking?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Yani G,

This is not the place to bid for freelancers to manage your account.

Let us know what issues you are facing, we will provide your best possible solutions to solve these. 

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Archit

I don't need account management per se - I just need someone to take a look at the set up and tell me where I'm going wrong.

And it would be very difficult to convey the problem in a forum, it needs to be a more interactive conversation so I can explain properly, preferably with the help of screen sharing.

And I wouldn't expect anybody to do that free, hence why I'm offering to pay for the service.

Would you be able to help?

Thanks

Re: Any freelancers willing to help with AdWords/Google Analytics conversion tracking?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Basically, I just switched from tracking conversion using a tag in GTM, to importing the data directly from Analytics.

Not sure if I've set this up properly and I guess I'll need to wait a few hours before I find out.

The other thing I need to understand is how to track conversion on a campaign but only for a particular product. For example, I have two campaigns running at the moment and both are for different products.

As I said this was set up with tag manager, and the way it was done was through 2 different conversion actions in Adwords and I added them as tags through GTM, both firing at on the success page.

However, both these conversions seem to be tracking the same thing - any sales that originated from PPC. But I want them to track only sales for those particular products. Is this possible, and if so, how?

I'm not even confident that what I wrote makes sense, so hopefully someone would point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Though tracking of different conversions for individual product is not possible.

Let me call our shopping expert @Celebird to give your best suggestions.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Yani G,

I'm sure we can figure this out.

First can we clarify a few things? Are you presently still using conversion tags (via GTM) or are you creating conversion goals in Analytics and importing that to Adwords?

Are both your tags firing on the same success page? If so, why?

It seems to me (excuse me if I interpreted this wrong) that you are analyzing your data incorrectly. If you are trying to track your conversion sales for two different products, via the same success/thank-you page, then there is no need to have two separate tags that are firing at the same time.

Conversions will be attributed independently per campaign. Now it is possible that you received "assisted conversions" for both campaigns but the actual conversions will be viewable in your columns (modify columns < Attribution < conversions).

Regardless, provide the url for the success page that you are tracking and let me know if my response was aligned with your questions?

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Cameron R

Thanks for your reply, it's appreciated!

"Are both your tags firing on the same success page? If so, why?". Not sure - I thought that's how it's supposed to be set up, and when I set up the conversion action for the new campaign today (2nd product), I noticed that the conversion label was different so I figured that both tags need to be present on the thank you page.. 

Anyway, I'll remove all the GTM tags once I'm sure that the Analytics import has been configured correctly and I start seeing conversions. But let's assume for a second that they have been removed..

How would I then go about tracking conversions for both campaigns (same thank you page, different products) using Analytics data import. The way I've set up the Analytics import is with a 'thank you' page goal. But what do I need to do in order for the conversion column on the AdWords campaign page to be populated with the correct figures, depending on which of the 2 products the conversion is for? Or is that something that will happen automatically?

The URL for the success page is https://pipkin.co.uk/checkout/order-received/

Thank you!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Btw, if people click on the URL I provided above, will Google Analytics count that as a conversion?

Re: Any freelancers willing to help with AdWords/Google Analytics conversion tracking?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm assuming that every product, after purchased, is redirected to the same checkout url: https://pipkin.co.uk/checkout/order-received/

If that's the case then your conversion tag, if setup to fire on that page, will be firing on every product checkout page which wouldn't let you know exactly which product was purchased and attribute that to your campaigns? Is that correct?

The only way to truly track these results, per product, is through enhanced ecommerce tracking. Which can be a heavy task. That being said, if you are ok with just tracking overall conversions (not unique to each product), then setup only 1 conversion tag that fires on your confirmation page. Then you can view which campaigns are contributing to your conversions.

Regardless, link up your Adwords and Analytics accounts so you can import micro goals or analytics data over to your campaigns so you can evaluate the effectiveness of your Adwords investment. This will allow you to view your conversions, that you have setup in Analytics, in Adwords

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Not in your Adwords account because those conversions are only associated to users that clicked on an active ad and then navigated to your confirmation page. If you have this page setup as a goal in Analytics then it will show a conversion. But you can filter those out by the funnel path....if a user went straight to that confirmation page without first landing anywhere else on your website then you know that was a "test" review...