AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Any Solution If Goal,Funnel has Same URL

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

How to  Implement  Conversion  Tracking  which  has  same  urls in  different funnel  process

and   if  the  goal and  funnel  share  same  url .

Please  Help me To fix This  Problem.

Thank You

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author harish R
September 2015

Re: Any Solution If Goal,Funnel has Same URL

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

If the URL doesn't change so you can't use it as a goal in Analytics, you can tag up the 'submit' or 'confirm' button on the order or form page with event tracking so that you can see how many times people clicked the button that would usually take them to the thank you page, which in this case the URL doesn't change for, so you can't put it in as a goal or add conversion tracking to it.

Hope that helps.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author harish R
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

If the URL doesn't change so you can't use it as a goal in Analytics, you can tag up the 'submit' or 'confirm' button on the order or form page with event tracking so that you can see how many times people clicked the button that would usually take them to the thank you page, which in this case the URL doesn't change for, so you can't put it in as a goal or add conversion tracking to it.

Hope that helps.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Let me know how to  establish  event tracking  for  same  funnel/URL,Please

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi harish,

What I did is add an action identifier to the query string of the form action. Analytics will record that as a pageview. The important part is that this identifier must always be in the same place. Head match is much easier than regular expressions.

Let's say your form carries all the data necessary to perform the next step and your form action always says "/cgi-bin/cart/inquire.php".  Let's take a simple case where you show a form for contact info, and the next page is the thank you (conversion) page.

This link to the form could be:  "/cgi-bin/cart/inquire.php?getInfo" or "/cgi-bin/cart/inquire.php?page=getInfo"

The thank you (goal) page could be: "/cgi-bin/cart/inquire.php?thankYou" or "/cgi-bin/cart/inquire.php?page=thankYou"

The Sales funnel would be something like this:

1st Step:  /landingPage.html

2nd Step: /cgi-bin/cart/inquire.php?page=getInfo

Goal:       /cgi-bin/cart/inquire.php?page=thankYou

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

You are  giving  example  about  php  dynamic  url  and  my  problem  about static  url  where  the action can  appear inside of  the  page  instead of  at  URL.

see my  last step of funnel url  is  www.abc.com/newleads.html

and  when customer submit the form confirmation  will be  displayed  at  www.abc.com/newleads.html

there is some  virtual page view  setup,Do you have any idea.

Thank You