AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Analyze the performance of a set of keywords in account

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hi,

I have pulled a few keywords from within an account. Via change history. For example, new keyword additions over the past month. 

How can I analyze their performance? 

I want to be able to, say, upload this list of keywords and have the impressions, CTR, clicks, etc.

Is there a good way to do this?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark H
September 2015

Re: Analyze the performance of a set of keywords in account

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

HI Mark,

To analyze keywords effectively and with easily, usually I follow Labels to track and analyze set of keywords. For Example if I want to know the performance of newly added keywords I will set a label for those keywords, now I can check those keywords performance easily in Dimensions tab from dimensions tab I can compare two labels or more. This will apply for campaigns and ad group level also. Find more about Labels here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2475865?hl=en

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Aravindh.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi

well you can simply go to keyword tab download a report for the time duration you need to analyze and filter the keywords you need and see hows the performances are.

There are quite different simple and complex ways to analyze keyword performances. If you need any specific areas to be analyzed in keywords do let us know so we can see how to help you further
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark H
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

HI Mark,

To analyze keywords effectively and with easily, usually I follow Labels to track and analyze set of keywords. For Example if I want to know the performance of newly added keywords I will set a label for those keywords, now I can check those keywords performance easily in Dimensions tab from dimensions tab I can compare two labels or more. This will apply for campaigns and ad group level also. Find more about Labels here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2475865?hl=en

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Aravindh.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
That's a great idea that I totally forgot.
But then again what if I had a huge list of keywords, I can't go and apply labels enmasse. And that's the solution I want to see.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Mark,

I understand your concern, if you are good with adwords scripts you can create a script for keyword labels or else I would like to suggest one best solution it works for me.

• Create a label for all your existing keywords or group your existing keywords with themes like low clicks or low CTR or group them according to your goals.
  • Now whenever you add new keywords those keywords will be without label you can create a label for those keywords very easily with search options.
  • Do the same thing for next time whenever you add new keywords.

I hope this will Helpful to you.

Thank you,

Aravindh.