AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Analyze Your Google AdWords Traffic with Google Analytics

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Hello!

I’m excited to be here with you, and I wanted to cover a topic I love - Google Analytics!

If you’re not familiar with Google Analytics, it’s a free product that lets you see how people are interacting with your site. Examples of insights you can gain are - 

• how are visitors getting to my site?
  • where are visitors going on my site?
  • how do I get visitors to come back to my site?
  • what pages are visitors looking at on my site?
  • and more!

I would highly recommend signing up for a Google Analytics account - you can learn more about getting started here.

Most importantly for us today, I want to highlight the benefits of linking your Google Analytics account with your Google AdWords account.

Why should I link my Analytics and AdWords accounts?
AdWords alone provides great information such as which keywords are triggering your ads, how often your ads are getting clicked on, and which ads are leading people to convert. However, what AdWords doesn’t show you is what happens from the time someone clicks your ad to when they actually convert -- this is extremely valuable information that could help you get even more out of your AdWords campaigns.

Like mentioned above, Google Analytics can you how you data about the people coming across your site and where they are spending their time. With advanced features, you can even see what paths people are taking to get from certain pages to other pages!

The wealth of information in Google Analytics can you help you pinpoint where things are doing great -- as well as where your potential customers are dropping of. This can also show you how much of your website traffic and sales are driven by Google AdWords compared to other traffic sources such as an email campaign.

Great! How do I link my Analytics and AdWords accounts?
This article will walk you through how to link your Analytics and AdWords accounts, with screenshots available! If you have multiple AdWords accounts, you can now link multiple AdWords accounts to your Google Analytics account as well.

I hope that you find this helpful, and have fun taking a look at how your website is being used!

For those of you that have already linked your AdWords and Analytics accounts together, feel free to share what information has been most beneficial for you. I look forward to reading your responses!

Best of luck,
Tiffany

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analyze Your Google AdWords Traffic with Google Analytics

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Absolutely the great tools not only for adwords but also other online marketing platform. Thanks Tiffany for this article

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Tiffany,

Thanks for sharing this valuable info. I agree Analytics is awesome, I love it too!

I find Analytics to be a really robust reporting tool and sometimes honestly I am overwhelmed by the amount of info that can be found.

I do like to use Google Analytics (GA) to track goals (conversions) and also analyze website performance like time on site, pages viewed, exit and bounce rates. Looking at paths people take is very helpful and also.

I am also falling in love with the custom reports. I mean WOW! It takes a little time to learn just what metrics are important to a given advertiser and time to learn to assemble a custom report but once it is done and saved it is so awesome.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

And shortcuts, and Multi Channel Funnels, and scheduled reports via e-mails, and the Data Export API, all sorts of great and wonderful opportunities ...

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.