AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics report shows huge difference in Adwords session and clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

One of my clients GA report shows huge difference in Adwords session and clicks. Adwords shows 1,500 clicks, but GA shows only 500-600 sessions. I know there will be some difference in clicks and sessions but I am worried about this massive difference. Can anyone advice me why its happening and how can I resolve the issue?

Thanks

Re: Analytics report shows huge difference in Adwords session and clic

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Anoop,

Please follow https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en.
I can write down same thing here but i prefer to share URL so you can read from actual source.

Let us know still you have any doubt

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Anoop,

May be there is a URL redirect issue means you Landing page URL redirect however the page remains the same. "Auto-tagging appends a unique ID to the end of the destination URL. This unique ID allows Analytics to report the details of the click: which AdWords keywords brought a visitor to your site, which campaign that keyword was from, and how much that click cost. If there is a redirect on a link, this will cause the unique ID parameter to be removed and Analytics wont know where the visits came from." so may be due to this your analytics data could be less. I'm not sure but you can just check from your end.

Regards,
Shazen

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Anoop,

That discrepancy seems a bit drastic to me.  

Couple things to check - 

Usually this is either because of the Google Analytics Code not being on the Landing Page or a Tagging issue with Destination URLs.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the reply.

The auto tagging is on and looking the same period. The linking is perfect.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thank you for the reply, we are not using any url redirects for landing pages.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thank you for the reply, But I already gone through those articles and updates and not able to find the solution.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anoop,

Are you running Search Network or Display Network campaign? In Display Network campaigns there can be bid difference because of couple of reasons.

If your campaign is targeting mobile sites/apps or some games websites on flash pages then this will happen because referral data is not passed to Google Analytics from these sources or from browsers/websites who have JavaScript disabled.

Other than Auto-tagging you should also tag your url's manually using Google url builder.

Hope that helps,
Nouman