AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics goals and Adwords conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All

Wondering if someone can help me here.

I have taken over the management of a clients adwords account, and enabled adwords conversion tracking. However, he linked his analytics goals to stream through to the adwords account, previous to my involvement. 

Basically, when I look in the adwords account, the converted clicks is not accurate, as it is counting the google analytics goals as conversions. I have removed the analytics goals from the Tools > All Conversions rows, and just left the adwords conversion in place. I am not sure if it is historical data or not showing for the campaigns, but it still seems to be tracking analytics goals as conversions. 

I know I can view the conversions from the segment filter, but is there a way to only show conversions from a google adwords click through the adwords view? Basically, getting rid of the analytics goals all together?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Analytics goals and Adwords conversions

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi David,

It won't be possible to delete all the historical conversions you imported through analytics.

Thanks,
Siva.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Siva

Thanks for your reply.

I assume that because I have removed the goals from Adwords in the conversions settings that it will stop logging goals as conversions from now on?

Many Thanks - David

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes, thats right it won't import goals as conversions from now on.

Thanks,
Siva.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am trying to stop goals showing as conversions!

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, it won't import goals from now on but you cannot delete the historical conversion data.

Thanks,
Siva.