AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics goal not updating anymore

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We connected an Adwords account to Google Analytics successfully. It has been running fine for months. We can see transaction details in Adwords and see the campaigns in Analytics.

Yesterday I have set-up a new goal with funnel in Analytics. This works perfectly. Since then (or so it looks) the conversion goal does not update anymore in Analytics. We had some transactions from Adwords, these are logged in Analytics but not visible in Adwords anymore.

When we look at the conversions defined in Adwords it still shows 'Transactions'. Hovering over the 'report' status says 'last conversion: 2 days ago'. The 'import from Google Analytics' button is greyed out as well.

I'm not 100% sure it has something to do with the new goal/funnel, but I have no clue how to fix it.

Auto-tagging is turned on, Google Analytics allows sharing.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics goal not updating anymore

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

There may be two cases

1.) One of the problem i had faced in the past is once you rename a goal, it won't get imported in that old name.

2.) Google really had problems in the past when it comes to importing goals to adwords. I had faced this problem in the past and they restored it in 15 days.

proof.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi StructuredPPC, thanks for your reply. I messed around with the goals, but not with the 'Transactions' goal that is being used by Adwords.

I will contact Google and hope they can help me out then.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Ok. If you want to see us screen shots of adwords and analytics then we can take a look at it.

Thanks,
Siva

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Frank,

If you have not had a chance to contact our support team yet, I would be more than happy to refer this post to the support team for you. Just let me know if you have figured out your problem or would like additional assistance. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shanea,

Thank you for offering your help. I called my local Google support and there was something I might have overlooked. The date of a transaction in Analytics is not the same as the date of conversion in Adwords. A user might have clicked an ad while he doesn't buy anything until a couple of days later. Since we still have a low volume (couple of transactions per day) this might be the issue. We will just see for the next couple of days what happens. Hopefully you won't hear anything from me in this thread again Smiley Happy.

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Frank this sounds typical. So yes please let me know what happens.