AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics for banner ad clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently had our marketing company run a banner ad campaign for a recent webinar.  Today, I was informed that we received 249 clicks on our banner ads.  When I asked for additional analytics like URL's of those that clicked on the ads or a way to decipher who clicked on the ads, they informed me the only information I can get is total number of ad clicks.

Is this true?  Are there any other analytics for banner ads?  I find it hard to believe that I'm paying for ads and all google can tell me is the total number of clicks on that ad.  Thank you in advance for any insight you can give.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics for banner ad clicks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

I believe you are referring to image/flash ads in Google Display Network here. Let me know if that's not the case.

In order to have more insights on how your ad campaigns have been performing in terms of average time, bounce rate, any conversion or goal competion, you need to link your Adwords with Analytics. See this reference.

Additionally, if you go to the Display Network Tab and select automatic placements, it will show you all the placements where your image ads were clicked upon. Also, if have included any managed placements, it will also show more reporting on those domains as well.

Let us know if that helps or not!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

What do you mean by "URL's of those that clicked on the ads"?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

"like URL's of those that clicked on the ads or a way to decipher who clicked on the ads"

Google cannot give you info on who clicked your ads.  They can, and do, share the web url of the site that your ad have appeared on.  Pankaj outlined how you can see that data under the Display Network tab.   

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'