AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics for Call Extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When using my business phone number in my Call Extension, do the clicks on the phone number show up in the campaign clicks in addition to the clicks to the website or are they only shown on the Ad Extension tab? (Clicks equal to phone calls and website clicks)

Is the cost of the clicks on the Call Extension added to the cost in the campaign tab? (The total cost is equal to call and website clicks)

The metric "Phone Call" under the call details dropdown does not equal the total calls under the Call Extension tab, why would these totals be different? 

Can Phone Call Conversions only be used if I am using Google tracking number? 

Re: Analytics for Call Extensions

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Any click on the ad is will be shown in the main "Clicks" column, whether it was on the headline, a sitelink, the phone-number, etc. And they are all charged the same as your normal CPC for the ad. There is no different pricing for extension clicks vs. headline clicks, they all count the same.

Going to the Ad Extensions tab will give you a move detailed picture of how often your ad is appearing with the various extensions. If you want to see how many times the "Mobile Click-to-Call" was clicked, then view the data for your Call Extensions and make sure to Segment either by "Click Type" or "This Exension vs. Other".

Phone Calls would be different because now you're measuring actual completed phone calls, whereas the Call Extensions is just showing clicks on the Phone Number, which will not always add up, as some people will click the number without completing a call.

Yes, Calls from Ads can only be counted as conversions with a Google forwarding number.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Under my Call Ad Extension is says that I have 3 phone call conversions. Under the campaign tab, I have 4 phone calls. How is that so?

Thank you for your time,

Joey

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
A Phone Call Conversion will be defined by a certain length of time -- I think the default is 60 seconds, but you can adjust it. So, if one of those calls didn't last 60 seconds (or whatever your settings say) then it would register as a phone call, but not as a conversion.