AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics doesn't show ecommerce data in Acquisition >> Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've linked my Analytics and Adwords accounts and the data seems to be OK : I can see which visitors from the ads converted on my site and other related info.

However, the Ecommerce columns always show zero values, even though I'm 100% positive there have been some purchases generated by Adwords.

I suspect the problem is that we import info about purchases using Google Analytics API via the "collect" protocol (what is known as "offline conversion import")

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/protocol/v1/parameters#ecomm

The imported purchases are correctly attributed to respective users and we can see what visitors made purchases after importing the commerce data, however, it doesn't apply to visitors from Adwords - there's always no purchases made by this type of visitors.

I guess, somewhere along the way the connection between an adwords visitor and purchases she's made is lost.

Any ideas how to resolve this?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics doesn't show ecommerce data in Acquisition >> Adwo

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Igor,

Admittedly, I'm not super familiar with this process but my hunch is you'd need to make some connection back to adwords, with a GCLID perhaps. I know that's how the offline conversion tracking through adwords works.

I can't really confirm this to be honest, just taking a stab here. You may also want to run this by the folks over at the GA forum.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/analytics

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’