AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics and Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I hAve been talking to a potential new client who is unhappy with his current marketing provider. He questioned the results that he was getting so the provider added Google Analytics to his account and provided access. Having looked at the account there is no data recorded in the Adwords section, but the provider says that they have been using adwords, but with a different account? If the Adwords is not linked and doesn't show in the relevant section where would the clicks be recorded on analytics? I'm guessing they wouldn't be within the Organic search or referral sections, or is this wrong?

Thanks,

Nathan 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Analytics and Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Nathan,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

They would not be under AdWords section, nor under organic or referral section if the accounts are not linked. They should be under Google / CPC. 

Acquisition > All Traffic > Source/medium > google / cpc

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Analytics and Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Nathan,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

They would not be under AdWords section, nor under organic or referral section if the accounts are not linked. They should be under Google / CPC. 

Acquisition > All Traffic > Source/medium > google / cpc

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.