AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics and Adwords do not match

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I'm wondering why the data i get from Google Adwords do not match what i see in Google Analytics only and only for one Campaign, rest all campaign in the same adwords and analytics account are doing good, i mean to say rest all campaigns statistics are matching except only 1 campaign. Analytics do not show the exact traffic coming from Adwords for the same campaign. In this month, we recieved 20,325 clicks only for that campaign but what i see in analytics only 1,625 visits. So, could anyone tell me why there is a huge discrepancies in this campaign

Regards,

Shazen

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by petebardo (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Analytics and Adwords do not match

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hi,

thanks to all. But i got the solution and i would like to share with all of you. Actually it was a destination URL redirect issue. Landing page was redirecting, however the page was same but URL differs. 

"Auto-tagging appends a unique ID to the end of the destination URL.  This unique ID allows Analytics to report the details of the click: which AdWords keywords brought a visitor to your site, which campaign that keyword was from, and how much that click cost. If there is a redirect on a link, this will cause the unique ID parameter to be removed and Analytics wont know where the visits came from." so due to this my analytics data is less. So, now i have to change the URLs in the ads to the redirect URL and i will able see a similar level of clicks and visits in my campaigns.. Smiley Happy 

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Could the discrepancy be Invalid Clicks?  It sounds like there are lots of clicks on this one campaign but they do not stay on the landing page long enough to be counted a Visit.  Can you analyse the 20,325 figures and see if it is one keyword in particular that is generating most of these clicks? 

If they are invalid clicks, I would say that Google will filter any invalid clicks from you AdWords account.  If you look at these figures in a week or so, I'd say they will have evened out.  It can sometimes take a while for the AdWords and Analytics systems to synchronise.  For example, I have seen instances where there are issues with conversion tracking..zero conversions are reported in an account..and then these figures 'catch up'. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

With that kind of differences i don't think Invalid Clicks are the problem. 

Looks more like the campaign is sending people to a page that doesn't have an analytics code installed. (or does'nt excist at all)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Shazen, there are quite a few reasons why Analytics and Adwords won't always appear to show the same figures.

There's a good reference on the various reasons HERE.

20k clicks in a month really is a staggeringly huge number and I'd be thinking the problem is likely to be related to multiple clicks being recorded as a single visit in Analytics, but as has already been suggested, you'll need to do more research and data mining to get a better idea of what's going on.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by petebardo (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hi,

thanks to all. But i got the solution and i would like to share with all of you. Actually it was a destination URL redirect issue. Landing page was redirecting, however the page was same but URL differs. 

"Auto-tagging appends a unique ID to the end of the destination URL.  This unique ID allows Analytics to report the details of the click: which AdWords keywords brought a visitor to your site, which campaign that keyword was from, and how much that click cost. If there is a redirect on a link, this will cause the unique ID parameter to be removed and Analytics wont know where the visits came from." so due to this my analytics data is less. So, now i have to change the URLs in the ads to the redirect URL and i will able see a similar level of clicks and visits in my campaigns.. Smiley Happy 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Congrats with finding the redirect , and thanks for sharing the solution