AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics and Adwords 1 AdWords account (going to 2 different sites)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have 1 AdWords account (2 campaigns on it both to different websites lets say www.Red and www.Blue), 1 Analytics split into 2 accounts (different websites same as in AdWords www.Red and www.Blue) previously I only had www.Red in both AdWords and Analytics, I started a new website and have used the same AdWords account and added a campaign to the www.Blue site. So I added that site into Analytics and didn't start the AdWords linking until today. Currently my Analytics for www.Red is picking up the www.Blue even though that isn't the site that AdWords is pointing at, having got campaigns now running for both how do I get Analytics to know that ads on my AdWords account pointing at www.Red and that the www.Blue to know that ads on my AdWords account pointing at www.Blue? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jamie P
September 2015

Re: Analytics and Adwords 1 AdWords account (going to 2 different site

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jamie,

I think I've understood your problem, do let me know if that's not the case!

In the current scenario, GA Account for domain A will only track Adwords clicks that lead users to domain A. I'm assuming that since you mentioned you have separate accounts for each website means that the GA code for each website is also different, (It is extremely important to confirm this bit).

If yes, then what you need to do is:

1. in GA for website B, add the login for Adwords as admin
2. Link Adwords account to GA account for Website B

More info on linking: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033961?hl=en
This should help you track both websites separately in GA in terms of their Adwords activities too.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Jamie,

Let me know if I haven't got it right. You have 2 websites both in AdWords and Analytics, but Analytics is tracking both data in one?

Have you created separate properties for both the websites in Analytics? If so, you'll have two separate codes. You'll have to paste the right code (blue GA code for blue & red GA code for red) to solve the GA issue. Speaking of AdWords, you'll have to link the account to both the web properties (from AdWords & Analytics) and the rest is taken care by both the systems.

Feel free to write back with questions!

Good Luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth,

Thanks for replying, I didn't write it out the best way as didn't know how to put it.

Basically I have one AW (AdWords) and one GA (Google Analytics) but I have 2 websites in both. For AW I have just been making a new campaign and directing the URL to a different site. Now I will be having a new campaign running along side the old one but going to my other site but again both of these different campaigns going to different sites are on the same AW account. I have in my GA I have 2 separate accounts for each website, however as I am going to introduce the new AW campaign I need the right site to be picking up the right AW campaign as previously the only AW campaign I had running was picked up on the wrong account on GA, I now need this to be changed to the correct GA account so that I can have both running to different sites but picking up the correct info on GA.

Hope this is a better explanation, thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Jamie
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jamie P
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jamie,

I think I've understood your problem, do let me know if that's not the case!

In the current scenario, GA Account for domain A will only track Adwords clicks that lead users to domain A. I'm assuming that since you mentioned you have separate accounts for each website means that the GA code for each website is also different, (It is extremely important to confirm this bit).

If yes, then what you need to do is:

1. in GA for website B, add the login for Adwords as admin
2. Link Adwords account to GA account for Website B

More info on linking: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033961?hl=en
This should help you track both websites separately in GA in terms of their Adwords activities too.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nikhl,

Thanks for that, I have done this and all seems to be good.

Cheers,
Jamie

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Jamie,

Assuming you have the right GA code on both the websites, this is possible if you've linked your AdWords account to the incorrect GA account which wasn't previously running AdWords. For instance: www.abc.com has ads running, but linked to GA account that has www.xyz.com. Now that you're running both in AdWords, you'd like to get this corrected I guess. If that's the case, you'll have to unlink, then link them correctly.

Lets say your AdWords log in is someone@abc.com and you have two separate GA accounts with someone@abc.com and someone@xyz.com. You'll have to get both the GA properties under someone@abc.com (steps here), then unlink your AdWords account from the incorrect property (steps here) and link it again to both the properties.

Feel free to write back with questions.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar