AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics Vs Adwords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Afternoon All,

I know there will always be discrepancies between analytics e-commerce tracking and what AdWords reports as they track differently, but i am seeing  analytics report £20k more than AdWords. Is this normal?

Thanks

jonny

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics Vs Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jonny,

How exactly are you comparing the Ecommerce transactions with AdWords Conversion Tracking code?

If you are importing goals from Analytics into AdWords, then it would only report those goal completions after the import is initiated and not the earlier ones in AdWords interface.

This is the Universal Analytics Google Deveoper Code implementation guide and I would suggest you to cross check whether it has been properly configured or not: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/ecommerce

Also it is worth reading at least once the differences between how goal, ecommerce transaction and AdWords Conversion tracking work here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Stupid question but do you have the same date ranges selected?

AdWords is always a few days behind Analtyics - Always take the data from Analytics as the truer picture.

Your orders could also be duplicating within Analtyics - Want me to have a look for you?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Yes i have the same date ranges selected and their is no duplication.

Pankaj - I am not importing analytics data into adwords, i am using adwords tracking. As I said I am fully aware of how how the two platforms report, if anything i would always expect adwords figures to be higher than analytics's.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jonny,

I am afraid but there is no option in Adwords to Track Ecommerce Revenue, I think you are using Adwords Tracking code to track conversions and have assigned a conversion value in order to measure revenue.

If this is the case then you will always see the difference between Google Analytics and Adwords accounts because whenever a conversion will happen the Adwords will count its conversion value same each time. But in case of Ecommerce reporting in Analytics it will be different because it tracks each transactions detail such as Revenue, Tax, Shipping charges etc. Not all of your converted visitors will have a same amount of transactions so Revenue will be different in Analytics as compare to Adwords,

Hope that helps,
Nouman