AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics: Identify Geo Demography of specific Campaign Keywords

[ Edited ]
CT
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
CT
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I have tried to search through Analytics and cannot find a viable way to identify a location map of specific keyword (not search term) indicating where the clicks come from. For instance, the Campaign Settings of targeted location is a specific country. After running the campaign for a while I tried to find out the cities or region of where these clicks (identifiable to specific keywords) come from.

There are function in Analytics that are not really working:

a. Side menu: Advertising > Adwords > Keywords> Secondary dimension > Traffic sources > no further function available to choose region or cities, etc.

b. Side menu: Advertising > Adwords > Keywords> Secondary dimension > Visitors > Tablet/ Mobil and no further function available to choose region or cities, etc.

b. Side menu: Traffice sources> Sources > Search > Paid > Choose a keyword > Secondary dimension > Visitors > choose anything in the menu and this message come out "An illegal state has occurred.

The request resulted in an inappropriate state. Reload the page to see whether the problem persists."

Is there something wrong in the account? or there are other function to get the report?

Thanks.
regards,
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics: Identify Geo Demography of specific Campaign Keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello CT;

Before we dig into that ;Just to verify that Analytics and AdWords are linked and auto tagging is enabled

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CT
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello CT,

Let me try this before I suggest you to post this over Google Analytics dedicated forum.

Go to Audiences>>Demographics>>Location. Choose the particular country and data will drill down further to region and city level. At the same time, select Advanced segments and choose Paid Search Traffic.

Now in the main interface, select secondary dimension as keyword. That's it...

I think this should give you a fair amount of idea about the paid traffic keyword level drilled down report for city or region level whatever is required.

If you are looking for some more interesting reporting in Google Analytics, you can post your question over this specific forum.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
CT
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
CT
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV

Yes, it is linked and the tag is enabled. 

I have been checking my Adwords keywords stat in Analytics.

Thanks.

best regards,

[ Edited ]
CT
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
CT
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi pankaj1782,

Thanks. Got it.

I missed our a step earlier (on advanced segment). 

I can see specific location and number of specific clicked keywords.

Thank you.

best regards,

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CT
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again,

As I said earlier, it's one way you could try this but if you have specific requirements, you might be interested in creating advanced segments and custom reporting and for that best place (according to me) would be the Google Analytics Help forum which I referred above.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

CT
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
CT
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Pankaj.

Earlier I missed out one step on the Advance Segement before I replied.

The solution is good, now I can export the keywords, specific locations and number of clicks, imp, etc to excel for analysis...

Thanks.

best regards,

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Glad I could assist Smiley Happy