AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics Event Goals Not Available for Import into Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have setup several event tracking goals in Google Analytics, waited until there have been goal completions by my AdWords campagin visitors; however, these event tracking goals are still not showing available for import into AdWords.

I already have imported another goal from Analytics that was pageview based, but it seems that I am unable to import the event tracking goals as conversions in AdWords.

Is there any reason why it isn't working?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics Event Goals Not Available for Import into Adwords

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi MCC-HYC,

Did you check that your code is installed correctly? Can you please give me more details when did you set up the goals? 

Zee
G+
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi MCC-HYC,

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty importing your event goals to AdWords. I would recommend that you check the following:

- Are your AdWords and Analytics accounts linked correctly, and have you received goal completions from AdWords clicks under the advertising section of your Analytics reports? Once a goal has been recorded from an AdWords click, you will see the 'import from Google Analytics' option appear under the converions section of your AdWords account typically within 48 hours.

- Has this goal been imported to AdWords in the past but since deleted? It is possible to import a goal only once. If this goal was imported in the past (perhaps under a different name?) it will not be possible to import it a second time. Hover your mouse over the speech bubble in the 'tracking status' columnof your imported goals in AdWords to get more information on your goal names.

You can find further information in the following help centre article:

http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1034306

If you are still having difficulty with this, please get in touch my phone email or chat, and either me or one o fmy colleagues will be happy to investigate your specific issue.

Kind regards,

Christine

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hiya,

Having a simlar issue where everything is set up properly but no goal is visible to import in to adwords.

What is the next step to identify if a goal is being re-used/changed name? and fix it?

Cheers

H

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Sunshine2013,

To view information on goals currently being imported under a new name, navigate to 'Tools and Analysis', then select 'Conversions' in your AdWords account. Here, you will see a list of conversions being reported. In the 'tracking status' of your imported goals, hover your mouse over the speech bubble to display the actual goal name (if different). 

Goals can only be imported once. If your goal was previously imported under a different name and since deleted, you will need to re-enable the conversion in the AdWords interface.

If you would like to discuss your specific case in more detail please feel free to reach out to us by phone email or chat Smiley Happy

Best regards,

Christine