AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics Doubt

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hai Everyone,

for my account there is a contradiction between adwords tracking and analytics tracking(conversions).

How ? Lets say for example 06.11.2012 (Adwords:12 conversion (Dont say cookie updates) Analytics:0 or 1 Conversions) how???????

Please explain...

Thanks in advance.....

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Analytics Doubt

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey,

First off, if you are looking at data for the 11th of June, you will see a discrepancy between AdWords & Analytics as AdWords has almost real time update of statistics whereas Analytics has a 24 hour delay in updating the numbers.

Additionally, there will always be a difference in the numbers in AdWords and Analytics for the following reasons:

1. AdWords tracks clicks, Analytics tracks Visits : Both of these are different metrics

2. AdWords records conversions on the day of the first visit while Analytics will credit a conversion to the day the user converted

Let me know if you need more help on this.

Heta
- Paid Search Marketing | www.convonix.com

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Corelead,

Apart from heta's suggestion make sure that your time zone for adwords account and analytic account is same.

Hope this help !!

Regards

-Vicky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sir,
I am Checking this on Tabs(advertising->Adwords->Campaign).Thats Why I ask for Help.....

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi again,

Could you check the data of a few days back and see if that matches up? If it does, then it is only due to Analytics having a 24 hour delay in reporting that you are seeing different data.

Heta
- Paid Search Marketing | www.convonix.com