AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics Conversions with Yahoo Store

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ok! i already have my analytics working great, i even have the Ecommerce tracking but, i've been trying to set up the Conversion goals in analytics (in this case a Transaction) but considering that my store is basically in yahoo's domain, how do i set up the goals?

for example with Adwords i just need to place the "conversion code" in my conversion page (which is placed and is working) but with analytics, instead of placing a code in the "thank you" page i need to select between Destination, Duration, Page/visits or Action. in this case i need to write the URL or "destination page" in the goal set up, which is outside my domain.

OK, i tried solving my problem copying the URL that the Google Adwords Conversion shows me in the "Webpages" Tag (it has conversions), and i also called yahoo for help in this matter, yahoo gave me a URL that is quite similar with the Adwords conversions, so i took this url, pasted and Analytics doesn't  track anything.

i tried different variations:  for example "regular expresions" "equals to" "begins with"   and none of them work.

if someone has experience creating this conversion goals with yahoo store, i would be really pleased to receive any help.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics Conversions with Yahoo Store

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rafa, 

Can you share these URL's with us?  Mask your domain with www.example.com or something but I'd like to see what you're working with.  I may be able to help.

Also, this page explains and provides examples of Destination URL goals:  https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1116091?hl=en&ref_topic=1007030

Not that it matters a whole lot but if your E-commerce tracking is working properly isn't that going to provide you even more data than a destination URL goal will?

By the way, I do not have any experience with Yahoo Store. Smiley Happy

Let us know how it goes.  

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Analytics Conversions with Yahoo Store

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
well, the Ecommerce is tracking the info well but if i check the CPC source of the transactions is almost nothing while adwords is getting 25 conversions... (this doesn't make sense because a conversion for me has a value of +-20usd,)

the Conversion URL is:
https://us-dc2-order.store.yahoo.net/yhst-################/ymix/MetaController.html

(this is the webpage that google adwords recognizes as a conversion page, remember i placed the code in the html settings from my store account.. without knowing the url)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you ever get this to work? I am having the same exact issue now. Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is from 2013.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you.