AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

An error occured while the tag was fired

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please tell me what could be the problem? <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, in order to protect privacy and security.
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mladi L
September 2015

Re: An error occured while the tag was fired

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Mladi L,

Remarketing tag is used just before the <body> tag ends. There could be a problem with the entire body to load, thereby not allowing the remarketing tag to fire. As you're using GA as well, I'd suggest using a single snippet from Google Tag Manager, on all pages right after the body tag begins. This would ensure both the tags fire when the body loads.

Feel free to write back with questions Smiley Happy

Good luck,
Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mladi L
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Mladi L,

Remarketing tag is used just before the <body> tag ends. There could be a problem with the entire body to load, thereby not allowing the remarketing tag to fire. As you're using GA as well, I'd suggest using a single snippet from Google Tag Manager, on all pages right after the body tag begins. This would ensure both the tags fire when the body loads.

Feel free to write back with questions Smiley Happy

Good luck,
Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

The chrome developer tools network tab shows that somehow the tag is firing twice:

The first time it gets canceled and the second time seems to be initiated by jquery

Since the tag fires as a pixel img, I'm guessing jquery must be used somehow to treat all images on your site, maybe for "lazy loading". In the end, the data is still being sent properly so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 8.53.11 AM.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you!)