AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

An error occured while the tag was fired: net::ERR_ABORTED

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I need some help with my site, where the conversion tracker isn't working.

http://glassnedkeren.dk/tak-for-din-opgave/

Hope you can help me out!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: An error occured while the tag was fired: net::ERR_ABORTED

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Phillip L,

I noticed the conversion tracking code on the URL you've shared, which I suppose is the contact us page. Are you concerned about the code not firing on this page?

As a good practice, I'd suggest creating a 'thank you' page that could show up after users fill the form, so that you can paste the code on that page.

Thoughts?

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

This is a thank you page - but with some more options. But it dosen't seem to work if i run the tag chrome extension from google Smiley Sad Got any idea why?

I also installed it on another page today where it seems to be working fine, but no conversions yet?

is it correct that it should work?: http://isoteamet.dk/tak-for-din-opgave/

And i see the conversions within the google adwords center right?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Yes, you should be bale to see conversions (though it takes up to 24 hours to report) if the page is visited.

I think it has to do with where the code is pasted and the line breaks. Unlike the glassnedkeren site, isoteamet might be missing line breaks. Also the position of the tag - suggested practice is to paste the code right after the body tag begins.

I'd suggest checking this with your web developer to make changes.

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

okay, so what you are telling me is:

Isoteamet site conversion, is not working - how can you see that?

See the google tag extension:

iso.png

So it dosen't make any sense why it isn't working on isoteamet....

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Phillip L
September 2015

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Phillip,

While this set up would track conversions, it is not the best possible way to implement the tracking code. This is what Tag Manager as well suggests. Fixing missing line breaks would render the code in tact and get rid of the error as well. However, with this set up you should be able to see conversions as there aren't any critical errors. Could you check (in the back end) if there are any conversions? It could also be the lag in reporting which would take up to 24 hours.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar