AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

All of my impressions in one country

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Over the last seven days, my small campaign received 46,280 impressions. According to Adwords, 46,226 of those were in Algeria, while I also have Belgium, France, and Quebec (Canada) in my target locations. These locations are apparently getting little to no impressions.

If these stats are accurate, is there something I can do about it?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author François V
September 2015

Re: All of my impressions in one country

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Francois,

I think the reason could that ads have different level of competition in different countries. It is possible that your ads did not have good ad rank to show up in other countries. To verify this you can see the avg cpc and avg position of your ads in other countries. If you see that avg position or avg cpc is more compared with Algeria, then you will need to improve the ad rank of your ad so that they show up in other countries as well.

One simple way is to use location bid modifier so that you can bid higher in those countries where you have low impressions.

Thanks,
Rahul

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author François V
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Francois,

I think the reason could that ads have different level of competition in different countries. It is possible that your ads did not have good ad rank to show up in other countries. To verify this you can see the avg cpc and avg position of your ads in other countries. If you see that avg position or avg cpc is more compared with Algeria, then you will need to improve the ad rank of your ad so that they show up in other countries as well.

One simple way is to use location bid modifier so that you can bid higher in those countries where you have low impressions.

Thanks,
Rahul

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Francois,

This could be because users in Algeria are more inclined to your product offering as compared to users in other countries. Is you product location specific? because this might be a reason that users in Algeria are searching more for your keywords.

If you still want to get more impressions from your other targeted locations, you can apply location bid multipliers to them.

Hope this helps.Smiley Happy

Regards
Rohit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I went with the nuclear option and removed Algeria for now. I'll try to make the add more competitive in the other regions.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi.

Instead of that, replicate the existing campaign and target it only to algeria and the other campaign to all other locations except algeria. This way you wont loose business and can also analyze the performance

Regards
Rohit

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Francois,

I agree with Rohit here.

Ideally you should pull out algeria into a separate campaign, allocate dedicated budget to it and run the other campaign with the rest of the nations in them.

You could go a step further, using the location report available in Dimensions tab, you can check the exact locations within Algeria that are getting you the most traffic and then concentrate only on those specific locations.

The idea here is that, targeting a whole nation would drain your budget before the sun sets, which is why you should ideally identify smaller locations within your targeted location, try using Location Bid modifier/multiplier and then drive traffic from these smaller locations.

This way, you are concentrating only on the most profitable areas and are saving money by not spending any on the larger location or locations that would not profitable to you.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"