AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Aligning Conversions Goals in AdWords & Optimizier

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Whoops.  I've been sloppy.

My conversion Goals in AdWords don't exactly match my Goals in Optimizer.

Is there an article discussing the best way to manage conversion Goals in both places?  

Or, must I just go through the Goals in both places and simply align them?

THANKS EVERYONE!

Chris 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Aligning Conversions Goals in AdWords & Optimizier

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Chris

Are you refering to Google´s Website Optimizer? And goal completions / conversions?

I believe the optimizer not only measure goal completions by AdWords visitors, but all visitors to your website. So that might be an explanation?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Sorry, not Optimizer. But, Google Analytics.

The questions as they should have appeared: 1. My conversion goals and data in AdWords don't exactly match my conversion goals and data in Google Analytics. Is there an article discussing the best way to manage conversion Goals in both places? Or, must I just set up the same goals in both AdWords and GA?

I think your answer still applies, just change substitute GA for Optimizer, no?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

May you would like to read Thread by Google Employee on Discrepancies in Google Analytics - Clicks vs Visits.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’