AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Ajax driven form conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm injecting the contents of the <noscript> section of the conversion code into my page when a successful conversion occurs on my ajax driven form.  The adwords generated script usese document.write which cannot be easily injected/executed, and using an iframe is not ideal for my situation.

Will this cause any problems?

Thanks for the help,

jarbot

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author jarbot
September 2015

Re: Ajax driven form conversion

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi jarbot,

As long as you are returning the imag tag alone (without the noscript tags),  this will work just fine.

Best of Luck

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Jarbot,

1. Maybe the adwords-API is an option for you

2. You say that you are using the noscript-part, which would be the image. So why do you have a problem with document.write?

Please clarifiy the problem, maybe going step-by-step so I can give you better advice. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm just trying to find out if using the image vs. script conversion will have ill affects on conversion statitstics.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the adwords API is for managing ads etc in the adwords managment tool ( creating campaigns, etc), not for firing conversion events.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author jarbot
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi jarbot,

As long as you are returning the imag tag alone (without the noscript tags),  this will work just fine.

Best of Luck

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords