AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Ajax Shopping Cart (SC) - conversion tracking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a website and an ajax shopping cart hosted on a separate domain. Between these two i am looking at enabling conversion tracking. However, i see a js error.

Also, the ajax form had dynamically generated URLs, hence i cannot check if the the code is placed correctly or not.

Please Help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Ajax Shopping Cart (SC) - conversion tracking.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi khyati03april,

What js error are you seeing? There could be lots of problems here.

First, you can not return Ajax content from a separate domain than the hosting frame. This means, in your case, that all shopping cart functions must run in an iFrame to avoid security problems.

Second, scripts return by Ajax do not run on the browser. If you are seeing a js error, it can't be in the returned content.

The thing you want to do is use just the image part of the conversion code, and do not include the noscript tags. Do not include the script tags or any thing within them. That will record your conversion.

Get yourself a tool like Firebug (for Firefox) so you can inspect the returned content. What you are trying to do here is non-trivial. You need the proper debugging tools to be successful in implementing this.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Ajax Shopping Cart (SC) - conversion tracking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete,

Sorry i did not visit this thread again.

However, it is now solved and i see the conversions reflecting in my adwords interface.

However, would you be able to throw some light on the functionality of such a model? I am looking at understanding how and when are conversions tracked and at the lead attribution algorithm.

Thanks,

Khyati