AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords stats lost after keyword changes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

If I make changes to my keywords, it immediately resets my stats viewable in adwords. Where will I be able to access the results of the keywords before I made the changes?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jakes J
September 2015

Re: Adwords stats lost after keyword changes

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jakes, welcome to the Community.

Nothing is ever really "edited" in AdWords, what actually happens is that the existing Keyword (or Ad) is deleted and a new one created, which is why it appears that the stats get reset.  If you want to see your previous Keyword, you'll just need to change the list type in your Keywords tab.  

Log in to your Account, choose the relevant Campaign then the "Keywords" tab from the right.  Directly beneath the tabs, to the far left of the main page, you should see a drop-down button that currently says either "All enabled keywords" or "All but deleted keywords".  Click this and choose "All" and you'll be able to see your old Keywords, along with all their stats.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jakes J
September 2015

Re: Adwords stats lost after keyword changes

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jakes, welcome to the Community.

Nothing is ever really "edited" in AdWords, what actually happens is that the existing Keyword (or Ad) is deleted and a new one created, which is why it appears that the stats get reset.  If you want to see your previous Keyword, you'll just need to change the list type in your Keywords tab.  

Log in to your Account, choose the relevant Campaign then the "Keywords" tab from the right.  Directly beneath the tabs, to the far left of the main page, you should see a drop-down button that currently says either "All enabled keywords" or "All but deleted keywords".  Click this and choose "All" and you'll be able to see your old Keywords, along with all their stats.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits