AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords shows no recent conversions for one analytics goal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

I have two goals set up on my site, one for click through to the store (uses async library) and one for order purchase (uses traditional snippet).

For both of these goals they show up fine in Google Analytics.  The "Admin"->"Goals" page shows in the past 7 days each received conversions.

In Google Adwords (for 7 days or "All Time" it doesn't matter), they have different statuses:

1. store click through - "Reporting" and a number of conversions.

2. new orders - "No recent conversions" and no conversions.

What would cause one of my Analytics goals to not be fed to Adwords?

Thanks, James.

5 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords shows no recent conversions for one analytics goal

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi James,

I am passing this issue onto the AdWords support team who will reach out to you soon. Keep an eye on your mailbox!

Hannah

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
One thing to bear in mind.... Goals in Analytics will report goal completions from ALL visitors - only those that came from AdWords visitors will be fed back into AdWords - are you sure that you are only looking at the Adwords visitors in Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same issue for me now.

My "purchase" goal is hitting in Analytics, but not the "get to cart" goal. Analytics confirms that paid-traffic source customers are hitting both goals.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Similar for me:

In Analytics I can see the conversions but not in Adwords.
Looking forward for advise or help!

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hey guys, 

To import your goals and Ecommerce transactions from Google Analytics into AdWords Conversion Tracking, the following conditions must apply:

• Your Analytics and AdWords accounts are linked.
  • You've opted into data sharing in your Analytics account.
  • You've enabled auto-tagging in your AdWords account.
  • On a per-type basis, your Analytics goal or transaction has received active traffic from an AdWords ad at some point.
Find more information here and let us know if you're still stuck. 

Hannah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
These are the steps that I (and probably others here) have used to set up the goals. The result is that only some of those conversions are actually triggering in AdWords. However they all trigger in Analytics.

Would be great if AdWords were scrapped and the team that made (and keeps reinventing) Analytics would replace them. But until then we are left with integrations that will continue to have bugs like this.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

William E wrote:
These are the steps that I (and probably others here) have used to set up the goals. The result is that only some of those conversions are actually triggering in AdWords. However they all trigger in Analytics.

Would be great if AdWords were scrapped and the team that made (and keeps reinventing) Analytics would replace them. But until then we are left with integrations that will continue to have bugs like this.

I totaly agree with William E, this is what I already checked step for step to find the problem. As William mentioned, in Analytics works everything properly but in Adwords I cant see the results.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I confirm that we have the same problem: goals tracked in GA but nothing imported in Adwords. the "reporting view" is set up correctly in Adwords.

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager
Hi Avanquest,
Are there any re-directs in your URLs from your AdWords Ads? Do your customers leave your website at any point to pay for the purchase (ie use pay pal)?

When you look at your ECommerce reporting and segment to see only Paid Traffic, is there information there?

Kathleen