AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords showing wrong stats

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Adwords is showing me wrong stats.

For cpa bid adwords is showing me 40 registrations where as from admin panel i can see i have got only 24 registrations.

Can anyone explain?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords showing wrong stats

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey mukut,

I am assuming that you are referring to Conversions data here? Are you referring to conversions (1 per click) or conversions (many-per-click) where you tried matching the data with your admin panel as you described?

If you can elaborate more on this, Community can specifically address it.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pankaj for your reply.

Yes I am talking about conversion data.

From admin panel and form submission data I can see only 24 people have registered where as adwords is shwing me 47.

I am looking at conv(1-per click) data.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author mukut
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again mukut,

Did you by chance included the conversion tracking script on additional pages as well on top of goal completion page?

I have never seen discprepancies in terms of contact form leads and the conversion data you get on Adwords. They should match because the script will update the data when some body actually fill up the form and reaches thank you page.

Other than that, high numbers are only possible if conversion tracking is present on other pages also.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author mukut
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi mukut, as Pankaj has said, I'd be looking at a problem with the location and/or triggering of the conversion code.

Further to what Pankaj has already outlined, is it possible that the code is being triggered before any final step in registration? For example, is it being triggered before a payment is confirmed?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks to both of you.

My conversion tracking code is in the page /thankyou.html

I have reconfirmed it many times that the conversion tracking code is in that page only.

The webpage is also shown in the conversion tab of adwords.

But there is no way that we have got so many conversions as we don't have those filled up forms.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi mukut, you say your conversion code is in a page called thankyou.html.  Is there any JavaScript function on that page that prevents the conversion code from being loaded when the page is called without the visitor going through the sign up process?

Conversion codes should be placed in web pages such that they trigger only under a specific condition (or set of conditions).  In the case of an eCommerce site, for example, script on the page, e.g. PHP, would ensure the Conversion code is only rendered when payment is confirmed.

If you don't have any such script on your page then it could well be people are finding their way to your thank you page without actually signing up and triggering a conversion.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits