AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords showing more conversion then my site actually had

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My adwords is showing i have more conversions then my actual site has. I do not run display network ads. I just started using PLA ads yesterday and conversion in the past few days. It shows 5 conversions today and I have only had 2. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jody B
September 2015

Re: Adwords showing more conversion then my site actually had

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

AdWords reports conversions from the date and time of the click that led to the successful action, not from the date of the successful action itself.

For example, let's say someone saw your ad and clicked it on July 19th, but did not make a purchase on your site until the next day, July 20th. In AdWords, the conversion would be attributed to July 19th, the day of the click. In Google Analytics, however, the conversion is attributed to July 20th, the day the conversion actually occurred.

I hope it helps.

Thanks!

Anand Vishwakarma

Re: Adwords showing more conversion then my site actually had

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. I just wanted to make sure our programmer didnt add the code in the wrong place. (which I think he did) I think he added it to every page instead of order confirmation page.