AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords reporting - not running Adwords campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm looking through Google Analytics from my company's account. There is also Adwords reporting but the last time we ran Ads in Adwords was several years ago. Why can I get real-time reporting on my Adwords "view". What is this measuring if I am not currently advertising and how is it different than the website reporting? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords reporting - not running Adwords campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Terri K,

Are you getting numbers, visits, and all that?

Are you running and other campaigns and using manual tagging and the utm_* variables? They could show up here.

Curious situation,

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Adwords reporting - not running Adwords campaign

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Terri, how are things?

This is very strange indeed.

You'll need to try and figure out where does this traffic is coming from (Adwords of course, but I mean on how it's reaching your GA).

The only two ways that can happen are:

1. Link between Adwords and GA
2. Someone using Adwords with manual tagging (UTM parameters)

1. Link between Adwords and GA
You can check if there're any accounts linked under Admin at the top of the page, and then "Adwords Link" on the middle column called "Property". If there's anything there, definitely someone have created a link

2. Someone using Adwords with manual tagging (UTM parameters)
When Adwords and GA are linked, Adwords traffic also appears under the left menu at: Acquisition > Adwords. If you navigate there and everything is cleared, you can check: Acquisition > All Traffic > Source/Medium. If you have any Adwords traffic there, it's most likely someone using manual tagging with the UTM parameters.

Hope this helps you find the source.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click