AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords remarketing tag

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all

I have a customer that will be changing their site from example1.com to example2.com. The example1.com site will be closed down and everything will be moved to example1.com.

They have one adwords account and will be wanting to use the same account for the new website. There is an Adwords Remarketing tag active on the example1.com website and my question is;

1. Can we use the same Remarketing tag for the new website (example2.com)?

2. Can we use the lists that are currently active for the example1.com site or do we need to create new lists for the example2.com site?

Best regards

Emelie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords remarketing tag

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Emelie,

Question 1: Yes, you can use the same tag/code for example2.com which would start capturing users to the same list.

Question 2: Yes, you can use the existing lists in the new campaign as a targeting criteria. however, please be aware, that the old list would become empty (due to cookie life) if you are creating new lists for example2.com. In that case, you'll have to add new lists as a targeting criteria when the old lists are empty.

Hope that helps, feel free to write back if you need help.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Re: Adwords remarketing tag

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Sumanth!
I will get back here if there are more questions.

/Emelie