AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords not reporting correctly

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The message displayed on adwords is not accurate.

For eg.,

I have got 20 clicks Yesterday on a campaign, it shows the same info when i viewed at ad groups also with splitted on ads such that 12 (on AD 1) + 8(on AD 2) . But when I checked for the keywords which has got the 20 clicks, I am not able to see it completely. Instead it shows only 3 clicks on 3 keywords. I am not able to view the keywords which gave the other 17 clicks.

Is there anything wrong on my account, if so please help me to solve it.

thanks in advance for your replies

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords not reporting correctly

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Billy,

Is your campaign targeting only search network? If you are also targeting Google display network, then your ads will be getting clicks from different websites where your ads are appearing.

Another factor is that there can be a delay in statistics update on Adwords interface. Check after some time you will find the keyword level data.

Deepak

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes I use the display Network also, For the keywords I have at adwords account the CTR is much good but when calculating on a average for the clicks from display network it is too low.
Is there an way to measure the clicks from display network.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Check the Display Network tab (Next to Dimensions) for display network data.

Clicks from other websites will take longer to update so you will not get data instantly here.

But it is always advisable to create different campaigns for different networks, one campaign targeting only search network and another only targeting display network.

User behavior and optimization techniques are completely different on both these networks, so it will be good if you can create separate campaigns for both.

Deepak