AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords is not reporting Conversions data Imported from GA

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I am running a campaign in which I imported goals from Google Analytics. It's been 4 days now I can see 3 conversions in Google Analytics from my campaigns but Adwords is reporting 0 conversions. Also no view through conversion as well. 

To me every thinks looks fine. Goal is imported successfully, Autotagging working properly all other data like bounce rate, avg. visit duration etc. are successfully imported into Adwords but the only problem is with conversions data it is imported successfully but its reporting 0 conversions and 0 view through conversions.

Note: I am running Display Remarketing Campaign.

Looking forward to the solution,

Cheers,

Nouman

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords is not reporting Conversions data Imported from GA

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nouman,

Is it the first time you are facing this issue? I mean were the goals being imported in the past properly compared to current situation?

Apart from goals, are you able to record the conversions directly inside AdWords interface from the Display Remarketing campaign which you are running?

Apart from auto tagging, you need to ensure that Data Sharing settings are enabled: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1011397

Let us know if that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for your reply; Its a new account and this is first campaign that I have created. But I have never experience this in other clients accounts.

I have only imported goals from Google Analytics and not using Adwords conversions tracking.

The Data Sharing settings are enabled too.

Anything else you think can cause the problem.

Looking forward,
Nouman
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nouman T
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Nouman,

If Google Analytics recently updated the goals under AdWords Campaigns, then I think you should give it some more time before they are visible under your AdWords Conversions data.

In the meantime, I would also encourage you to install Conversion Tracking code as well because both products (Analytics and Conversion Tracking script) work differently and might create discrepancies because of how they actually works in terms of cookie expiration time, attribution etc...

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well although my issue is similar to Nouman, I'm facing the same for my text ad campaigns. Everything was working fine for two weeks but it stopped all of a sudden.

Regarding the remedy, "encourage you to install Conversion Tracking code as well", so if I have two similar goals in place and say at a later date the GA imported one starts working normally, will that not create duplicates? That will make my ROAS look faulty right?

So if I switch to solely to the Adwords tracking code (and remove GA goals as conversions) will that cause the other linking facilities (retargeting, other cross imports) stop working properly?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey VoxApp;

Did you ever find an answer to this question of yours? Mind sharing it? I am wondering the same thing Smiley Happy

So if I switch to solely to the Adwords tracking code (and remove GA goals as conversions) will that cause the other linking facilities (retargeting, other cross imports) stop working properly?