AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords in Russia for Pharma

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have had a question from a client regarding adwords for their website. Their website is adverstising a medical product and will be based in Russia. As part of the website functionality, they want to have a store locator which will use Google Maps to show details of pharmacies near the user that have the product. There is concern from my client that this may fall foul of one of the adword restrictions, namely not being able to link to online/offline pharmacies.

I would like to know if this is correct - Can we have a store locator on our website but still use Adwords for the rest of the website?

Thanks in advance

M

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords in Russia for Pharma

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Not sure I understand the scenario here... In any case, promotion online pharmacies or any other business which promotes or sells (online) pharmaceutical products (i.e. Medicine) in Russian - is not allowed.
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The only link we have to these pharmacies would be in a storelocator functionlity using google maps - does that still count as promotion of Pharmacies? Mostly it would be details of the pharmacy like opening hours, phone number, in some cases a link to their website (but not all). The rest of the site is about educating on the product.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Please be specific. What is promoted on the site?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
A type of medicine for a specific condition. The site is primarily about conveying information on that specific product, of which the store locator feature is a small part. There will be info on the product, videos showing how it works , symtoms checked etc...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Matt J;

Promotion of a pharmaceutical drug (i.e. A medicine) is allowed under restrictions, and limited only to a pharmaceutical company after being approved by Google.

I strongly recommended to read and understand the Policy section I linked.