AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords generated Revenue in Analytics is not accurate,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everybody, 

I have a question about Revenue statistics generated from Adwords (Traffic souces -> Avertising  -> Adwords).

Not all transactions are included in this source although missing transactions are included in Conversions -> Ecommerce -> Transactions. 

I am pretty sure about the original source of these missing transactions from the Auto-tagging feature used in the Adwords ads. 

Any ideas about the missing numbers? Thanks in advance. Ronald

Re: Adwords generated Revenue in Analytics is not accurate,

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

This is because of attribution model in default analytics is the credit of conversion is given by analytics to last non-direct source.

So if user comes in from adwords and then from another source like organic search or referral then the credit will be given by analytics to last non-direct source which in this case will be organic or referral. 

If you want more clarity you can go to conversions>>Multi-channel funnels> tom conversion paths and search for all paths that contain google/cpc. That way it might make more sense to you

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nik,

Many Thanks for your reply! It makes sense. 

But one more question is left on me - is there any other really easy way of accurately tracking how much money did we spend on Adwords and how much money is returning back in total?

I have some reporting filters done on that in Analytcs dashboard, but if it counts on last click credit that is not Adowrds, then this does not make sense any more. So even why Revenue column is stored in Adwords tab if usually users does not convert to payment immediately after he clicks an ad? 

Thanks again!

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

It really depends on how you want attribution to work.

If you want analytics to give credit to adwords even adwords is not last non-direct path then you can append your destination URL by utm_nooverride=1. This will give attribute the conversion to adwords if adwords is any of the path to conversion.

Although I believe this has to be implemented very carfully as this might mess up attribution data for other channels.

Once you do this then you can navigate to traffic sources >> advertising >> adwords. Then from the top menu which appears above the graph click on a menu item called "clicks" this will show you all the cost as well as revenue data you need.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That is exactly what I was looking for, thank you a lot! 

I hope it was helpful to others as well. 

Ronald 

www.mailerlite.com