AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Can anyone help me with the difference between converted clicks and conversions?

As per the Google converted clicks are unique customers and conversions are the total conversion actions and leads.

But my query is that if a first time customer (converted one) visit my website again through some other source (for eg a direct user) and converts again within my conversion window. Will it reflect under my AdWords conversion?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords conversions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Vandana,

Converted Clicks = Unique Customers. This is “the number of clicks that convert within your chosen conversion window (typically 30 days)”. So, if a customer makes two separate purchases after clicking on an ad, they will register as one Converted Click.

Conversions: Total Conversion Actions or Total Sales + Unique Leads. The new settings here give advertisers the flexibility to set the way conversion actions are counted by All or Unique.

You can find the whole article here http://searchengineland.com/adwords-flexible-conversion-counting-officially-lauched-welcome-converte...

And more info here https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/From-the-Community-Team/A-New-Way-To-Count-Conversions-in-Ad...

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Vandana,

For your query, if a user has made another conversion within the adwords conversion window, it will not be count as a conversion if he/she converts again from a different source.

In case if he/she saves or bookmarks the particular url with gclid or UTM and then converts from that url, then it will be counted as an adwords conversion.(2 conversions or 1 converted click)

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Vandana,

If the user has clicked your ad once and converted:
Clicks:1
Converted Clicks: 1
Conversions: 1

If the same user comes to your website again from a different source within your conversion window and converts:
Clicks:1
Converted Clicks: 1 <---- UNIQUE
Conversions: 2 <---- TOTAL CONVERSIONS

Hope this helps clarify your doubt!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!