AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords conversions not matching Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having trouble getting my Adwords to match Google Analytics. The instructions were followed for setting up the Adwords' pixels, however, I'm seeing 9 conversions in Adwords and only 4 conversions in Google Analytics. The Adwords account has been set-up for a few weeks now, and I track my other online campaigns through Google Analytics just fine. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Adwords conversions not matching Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Monya.

There's a big difference in the way conversions are counted in Analytics versus AdWords. Please check this link for a thorough explanation: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221?hl=en

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Adwords conversions not matching Google Analytics

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hey Monya, 

AdWiser's link is a great source, typically the disparity is due to either your 'count' (your conversions unique or all-conversions) or your reporting time set in both adwords conversions and UA settings. 

One way to identify the disparity is to go to Universal Analytics and look at your 'Multi-Channel Funnels' data. 

(Conversions -> Multi-Channel Funnels)

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’