AdWords
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords conversions missing - Shopify sign up page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am from a bicycle company. We offer a free bike fitting service, it has to be booked in advance. We're running ads and I want to monitor conversion from search ads (we're not running display).

Customer journey is: land on the bike fitting page > book a fit [this takes to a third party calendar embedded onto the page] > click book button > return thank page on our site. 

The conversion tracking tag is installed on the thank-you page.

1. Tag Assistant can see the conversion tag - hasn't reported errors

2. Tag Assistant noticed the tag appeared twice with same ID. I deleted the second tag which had an error of unverified HTTP

3. Ad Words has verified the tag and is recording conversions.

After 1 week of running ads and seeing 2% CTR and roughly 100 clicks, I check and 0 conversions but we're had 24 bookings. I tested it myself using incognito browser, clicking from the ad and going through to make the booking. I did this 48 hours ago and the conversion isn't reported in ad words.

I am using a Shopify page. The online guides for Shopify & conversion tracking all relate to the customer purchases and basket value, and kinda not relevant as we have this set up and running already.

This is a straight forward sign up rather than purchase/sale. 

Has anyone noticed some issues with Shopify and conversion tags, do I need to make an amend to the tag values. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

First of all, I would suggest looking at this help center doc and do the troubleshooting: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722021?hl=en

Secondly, are you tracking conversions or bookings from other traffic sources using Google Analytics? If yes, what is the trend at that side? Is analytics tracking anything or not?

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pankaj1782 for super quick reply and doc link.

I ran through the troubleshooting doc. I'd checked most of the items on there and validated the tag. Could locate 

- Secondly, are you tracking conversions or bookings from other traffic sources using Google Analytics?

Yes I am tracking using Analytics to monitor traffic sources onto the landing page - quick summary below. 

50% of clicks - google / organic 

15% of clicks - direct

15% of clicks - cpc / campaign

etc etc

However, the final "thank-you for booking page" (with the ad words conversion tag) the source will always be 'condorcycles.youcanbook.me' because the users come from the embedded app. 

Do you think by jumping to a third party and back this is affecting it?

Secondly as I have analytics is this affecting? Sounds a bit too simple. 

Sorry, for the questions - this is actually the first time we've run a search campaign for a 'service'.

Our standard customer purchases, basket values, products are all being tracked smoothly in analytics already.