AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords conversion tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm running a campaign for my website, but the conversion occurs on the e-commerce vendor website. I've created the conversion code on my adwords account and it was implemented on the "thank you page" by the vendor. Since there is a change in domains from where the process starts (landing page) until the conversion, does the tracking code still captures conversions?

Because until now I haven't seen any conversions, even one that I made myself as a test (it pass 24H now from my test).

Thank you in advance.
Teresa

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Teresa Paula S
September 2015

Re: Adwords conversion tracking

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Yes, it's working. I just tried a test conversion (not from an ad) using dummy card details and noticed the tag firing. Screenshot here. You should be seeing conversion data shortly. Does AdWords show 'unverified' or 'reporting' under the status column?

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Teresa,

Though it isn't a best practice, conversions would still be recorded in this case as long as the code is implemented properly. Did you check the code when you completed a test conversion? You can use Tag Assistant to check if the tag is firing appropriately.

On another note, could you provide more info about your website, so we can see if there's a better way to implement conversion tracking?

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth,

Thank you for your help.
Yes, I have Tag Assistance Chrome Extension installed and when I reached the thank you page I have tested and no error was displayed.
Adwords is pointing to www.cascaderesortalgarve.com, the shopping cart is from a 3rd party, and it's installed on a different domain.
Thank you
Teresa
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Teresa Paula S
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Yes, it's working. I just tried a test conversion (not from an ad) using dummy card details and noticed the tag firing. Screenshot here. You should be seeing conversion data shortly. Does AdWords show 'unverified' or 'reporting' under the status column?

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth,

Thank you so much for your help. It's showing "unverified".
Let's wait and see if the conversions show up.
Teresa