5.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
favorite_border

Adwords conversion tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I am using GTM to do Adwords conversion tracking.

The problem is,  my form does not have thank you page.

I am using this form:  sgcampus.com/localenquiry.aspx?language=English

Can anyone help me to set up trigger for GTM.   Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Perhaps an alternative would be to use the form click event in GTM as the trigger and count those.... you can convert the event into a goal and then import that goal back into AdWords as a conversion.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you explain more in details, how to do this? 

Highlighted

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6106961?hl=en

Check out the section of forms...

Basically, GTM will trigger an event when a form is submitted - you can then turn that event into a goal in Analytics and then import back into AdWords as a conversion.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I follow your way but its not working. The forms is in iframe, i think it does not refresh the page, it just display text - Thank you for registering. What should I do ?  Anyone else can help out

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Aaaahh - if the form is in an iframe is it safe to assume it is not on your site? Or a site you control?

If it is you might have some options - if it's not then you'll need to talk to the form developer for them to add the AdWords conversion to a thank you page once the form is submitted. Most third party form platforms will offer some kind of tracking option - you're not the only person looking for this ;-)

If they cannot offer a solution I would seriously consider using a different form.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is on a site which the developer control. What is the options available ?

First option is to ask the developer create a thankyou page and then put the adwords conversion code in there.

How about other options? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I already talk to the person in charge. After the form submit, there is a pop up page that is dynamically created, offerletter.aspx. I ask him to put the GTM code in the offerletter page and google adwords conversion tag works. 

But the problem is the pop up is usually blocked, and if its blocked I will not get conversion. So I ask him instead of pop up, just create a new page. I am not sure if its possible, but he will try to do it. Anyone have other ideas to share? 

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

This is a good solution. Since the form is on another domain there are few options...

Experts in the Topic
stickleback