AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords conversion tracking not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have inserted tracking code in success page after checkout process complete. My site is made in magneto, i clicked my adwords and purchased but when i am looking in conversion of adword it showing unverified.

Can anybody give proper solution?         

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords conversion tracking not working

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Flora,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

Please check if the code is placed properly with the Google Tag Assistant. Once you install the chrome extensions then navigate to the thank you page and see if the code is placed correctly. If everything is fine then please wait for 24 hours and see if the conversion is recorded in the AdWords account.

Ideally, for the 1st conversion to be recorded it may take like 24 hours. Please wait and check after 24 hours.

Hope this Helps!
-Prashanth Reniguntala

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi, prashanta
in Google tag assistant the conversion code showing is working but in adwords not showing.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Please wait for 24 hours and you will see the AdWords record conversion that you made by clicking on your ad earlier.
- Prashanth Reniguntala

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Flora P,

Welcome to adwords community. I would like to let you know that If User will click your ads and come to thank you page then adwords shows one conversion.
I just want to know, Have you click your own ads then you checked? If yes, then conversion will be shown in adwords account.

Hope it helps you,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Have been using Adwords for 12 years. Until Dec. 31 destination url was always home page
https://www.example.com
ON Dec 31 we implemented 80 landing pages with urls
https://www.example.com/a/landing-page-example1.html
and so forth
All landing pages feed into same 2nd page if visitor clicks to continue the process. This 2nd page is the "conversion" page with code, that has NOT been changed and I verified by test purchases etc.
Nonetheless, since Dec 31 conversion per click and conversions counts are ignoring all leads that arrived fro text ad into the new 80 landing pages.
What's up?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, Already I have clicked add from adword camp and has done transaction. 3-4 day gone, still the conversion showing unverified.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Hersh, my thank you page is not static page. It generate when user complete transaction, at that moment I can see my conversion tracking code. If the same page open in few minutes after the code is not showing. it showing the session expire.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Flora,

The issue here is that you have not clicked on an actual ad. Therefore you have not givne the conversion code the ability to fire. Clicking on an ad in your adwords campaign does not count as a click on an ad. It simply takes you to the destination URL to show you where a user would be taken if they clicked your ad.

Performing a transaction after clicking an ad in your account will not fire the conversion tracking code. You need to actually click on an ad on the SERP (search engine results page). In other words, search for your ad on Google and then click your ad and convert from there.

This type of checking is not recommended, however, simply due to the fact that you are paying for the click. As long as Google TA is indicating that all is working then you have nothing to worry about ceterus parabus.

In short, you will not fire your conversion tracking code by clicking on an ad in your campaign and converting.

hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Clynton,
I have clicked add on search engine result page and then completed the transaction . But 3-4 days left till now showing un verified in conversion section of Adword.