AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords conversion tracking in Google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I wanna track individual product conversion in analytics. i.e. i want to know profit/loss of my particular product in adwords 

I have common thankyou.php 

I have linked adwords and analytics

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sagar N
November 2015

Re: Adwords conversion tracking in Google analytics

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Sagar, the easiest way is to create a goal based on thank you page in google analytics.
1.Go to your Google Analytics standard reports.
2. Click on the “Admin” button in the top right.
3. Click on “Goals”
4. From one of the Goal sets, click “+ Goal” (goal sets are just a way for you to easily group goals) to set up a new goal.
Learn more https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1032415?hl=en

If you are managing ecommerce store, it would be more beneficial to set up ecommerce tracking, so you can see unique transaction value and bid accordigly. It's more complicated task so you will need your web developer assistance. Please check https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009612?hl=en
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Alexey

ga('ec:addProduct', { // Provide product details in an productFieldObject.
'id': 'P12345', // Product ID (string).
'name': 'Android Warhol T-Shirt', // Product name (string).
'category': 'Apparel', // Product category (string).
'brand': 'Google', // Product brand (string).
'variant': 'black', // Product variant (string).
'price': '29.20', // Product price (currency).
'coupon': 'APPARELSALE', // Product coupon (string).
'quantity': 1 // Product quantity (number).
});

Would the above code track my ecommerce transactions and, would it be the info/data that would be specific to my campaign that I would be seeing in Google Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Which code do I need to put in so as to track my ecommerce transactions?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi Sagar, sorry for delay with reply due to high working overload.

The code which you have sent to me is part of ecommerce tracking and it looks fine. To implement ecommerce tracking first of all you need to decide how you would implement it - directly or using Google Tag Manager. Each of the methods has it's own benefits.

Please article about GTM if you haven't  https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6106097?hl=en

Is your webstore made on specific CMS? Please let me know as it might help you to speed up the process. Also please let me know if you have already tried to perform test transaction. 

After setting up conversion tracking you would be able to see all transaction data on campaign level in Google Analytics, also you would be able import transaction values to Google Adwords to implement ROAS based bidding so you will bid based on the value which each specific keyword brought to you.

Cheers,
Alexey

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alexey,

What is the "directly" method? and, am confused which code to put because the one i sent you above has specific values but, I have large number of products so each variable will have different value. So what is the generic code which il have to put it directly.

I use Wordpress.

Thank you for your help.

Sagar

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Hi Sagar,

Let's go step by step:
First. Enable Ecommerce in your Google Analytics: View>Ecommerce Settings
Second. Add code to your website. There 2 options:
a) Google Tag Manager - using data layer or variable;
https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6107169
b) Directly change your website code
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/ecommerce
Your code should send transaction details which would be unique each time so you need to use variables here. 

Please let me know about your process.
Cheers,
Alexey

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Alexy,

Our situation is a bit different. (Sorry to hijack this thread)! We were in the process of implementing GTM and inadvertently forgot to place the Google Adwords Conversion tag in GTM...We managed to get converting gclid but nothing was reported back to G Adw. I have a conversion created already for this product and tried to do an upload of offline conversions via: Tools>Conversions>Upload. Since our action name is set to website (and not import from clicks), we are not able to upload the converting gclid values.

How can we import these gclid values if the name of the conversion has been set to website source?

Thanks,
Marlon