AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords conversion tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have impleted the adwords conversion tracking code for my final conversion page i.e. thanku page but in adwords tracking status is still unverified as i have impleted the code 24hours ago , whats the problem , please answer anyone >?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sumit_jbmedia
September 2015

Re: Adwords conversion tracking code

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Sumit,

May be you didn''t get any conversion. Here are three options for verifying a code snippet. We suggest using the first option, since the second and third will cost you an ad click. (If you're an advanced user, see the "Advanced: Debugging your code" section below. It'll show you another way to verify conversion tracking without costing you a click.)

• Wait for a conversion to occurIf you know that a click on your AdWords ad resulted in a conversion, and you know the click occurred after you activated conversion tracking, wait for the conversion to appear in your AdWords account.
  • Complete a test conversion on your site and wait for the conversion to appear on AdWordsRun a search for one of your active keywords on Google and click on your AdWords ad. You can then complete a test conversion on your site. After completing the conversion, it'll appear in your AdWords account.
  • Use the Google Site Stats text block on your conversion pageRun a search for one of your active keywords on Google and click on your AdWords ad. You can then complete a test conversion on your site. If you've opted into using the Google Site Stats text block, you should see a small but clearly visible text block on the pages where you've placed the conversion tracking code. This text block shows that conversion tracking is working.

After following the steps for one of these options, you can see conversions in your AdWords account by clicking the Campaigns tab, or by going to the Tools and Analysis tab and selecting "Conversions." Remember that updates to your account can take up to 24 hours.

Kindly visit below link for more detailed answer:
http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722021

Hope it will help you!

Thanks
Anchal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi anchal,:

smileyhappy:Thanks for the reply as you have suggested me to test conersion ad clicking on the ppc ads or wait to conversion to appear so nice ,

Can i also check the conversion rate by just opening my landing page directly and signing up the conversion page without any seach on the google and without clicking on my ppc ads , will the conversion be shown by google if i apply this idea .

Sumit Prasad

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I don't think so, why don't you wait for original Conversion. It will be good!

Thanks
Anchal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi anchal,

Finally coversion code working as you told the way to test was right
Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Sumit

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Sumit thats great! Smiley Happy Enjoy !

Thanks
Anchal

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Conversion code from AdWords will only work when the visitor comes from an AdWord click... so visiting the page yourself will not trigger a conversion.

I prefer to use goals in Analytics and then import these (they become available for import after a few goal completions from AdWords visitors) as these can then also be used in Analytics to track completions from other sources . AdWords conversion tracking doesn't allow you to do this and, as such, is much more limited - if, for example you get a 1% conversion rate you might be happy - uless you knew that your organic traffic was getting 8%.....!

However, remember, if you set up a goal in Analyticsd and then import it as a conversion in AdWords - you must delete the AdWords conversion - otherwise you can record the same sale twice - one by each method and get a cost per conversion half of what it really is. Get carried away with that and your budget will soon disappear!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Sumit,

There is a major drawback in using Analytics Goals rather then the AdWords conversion code. Each has their advantages, so pick the one that suits your needs.

If every sale has the same value, Analytics Goals are sufficient and can give you insights as to how well yout shoppinr cart is performing. But it can't track the actual value of the sale. If evey sale is for a different amount, I find Analytics Goals to be inadequate for tracking AdWords conversions as you can not calculate ROI.

I prefer the AdWords Conversion code for tracking AdWords performance. And I use eCommerce tracking to compare revenue from different traffic sources. And, I also use Analytics Goals for tracking both eCommerce and for list sign-ups. That presents a problem in Analytics as some screens will report double the number of conversions--on for the AdWords code and another for the goal completion. So, you need to be careful when analyzing the results.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi,

Depending upon the ecommerce solution you are using - some allow the import of a "transaction" goal from Analytics and this does carry the value of the transaction with it.

I have this working on a couple of client accounts and it is very useful - we can see the true value of the "conversion" - of course the value of the conversion doesn't take into account the costs to the client - if he buys a widget for $10 and sells it for $20 then the value of the transaction is $20.... if his conversion cost $11 there's a temptation to think things are going well.....